It’s Friday! Here is what’s on my radar today:
- The year is coming to an end and there have been buckets of white tears. From Abigail Fisher to Nancy Lee Grahn, the year was doused with buckets of bitter, salty, white tears. [The Root]
- Oops, I made a feminist joke on the internet. Comedian Sara Schaefer posted a picture of a “To Do” list for a female and male comedian. Some found it funny, others not so much. [Medium]
- Hope Solo talks about why the US women's soccer team skipped a game in protest. [Mother Jones]
- The US still has a long way to go in advancing women’s rights—at least that’s what a group of United Nations human-rights experts concluded after visiting the country in December. [Quartz]
- Eight Chicago teachers scored a major victory against pregnancy discrimination. [Mic]
- Today is International Migrants Day, a day of global activism to protect immigrant rights. [UNESCO]
Did I miss anything? Let us know what you’re reading in the comments below.