Want to get this weekday roundup in your inbox? Sign up at the bottom of this post!
On Our Radar: September 13th
• WOW: An arrest warrant has been issued for Democracy Now host Amy Goodman after exposing the use of attack dogs and pepper spray at the Dakota Access oil pipeline protests. [Salon]
• Yoko Ono is soliciting “testaments of harm done to you for being a woman” for Arising, a show that will debut at the Reykjavik Art Museum in October. [Jezebel]
• Saturday Night Live is getting its first Latina performer ever! This is one of those things that’s exciting (Congratulations, Melissa Villaseñor!) but also distressing because, oh right, it’s 2016. [Remezcla]
• Solange Knowles wrote an essay about being Black in predominantly white spaces after she and her family were harassed at a Kraftwerk concert. [Saint Heron]
• Women are kicking ass in open-water, ultra-distance swimming. [The Cut]
• “When we turn our backs on one survivor, we turn our backs on survivors everywhere.” [UltraViolet]
• Check out Bitch illustrator Shannon Wright’s beautiful work on this piece about the disturbing fact that basically 80 percent of the children’s book world—authors and illustrators, editors, execs, marketers, and reviewers—is white. [Mother Jones]
Here’s what we published yesterday at Bitch!
• When it opened on Broadway in April 2015 Fun Home was an instant hit, bringing powerful queer representation to the stage.
• We’re premiering Emily Danger’s new song, “War Torn.”
• The person who moderates the presidential debates and the questions they ask matter.