Welcome back to another episode of Bitch Popaganda! Tune in as Julie, Kjerstin, and Kelsey discuss fall TV’s “season of the vagina,” Mindy Kaling’s “Flick Chicks,” and the retro sexism of Pan Am and the Playboy Club.
Transcript on the way!
Links from this episode:
- “This Year’s Hot TV Trend Is Anatomically Correct” by Bill Carter (New York Times)
- “Literally Douche-y” (Kjerstin’s article on the Summer’s Eve douche ads mentioned in the first segment)
- “Flick Chicks” by Mindy Kaling (New Yorker)
- Pan Am (ABC)
- The Playboy Club (NBC)
- Kjerstin recommends Adventure Time (Cartoon Network)
- Julie is looking forward to the sixth season of Dexter (Showtime)
- Kelsey is loving “Mo’ Free Mo’ Fallin’,” a Tom Petty + Biggie Smalls mashup that is better than it sounds. Honest. (The White Panda)
You can listen to the podcast right here, or you can subscribe to Bitch Media on iTunes to download it and listen on the go. (The episode is also available at archive.org.)
1 Comment Has Been Posted
Quiet and noisy
ayork replied on
I love the content of the Bitch podcasts, but I hate your post-production. Your podcasts are quieter and noisier than most of the amateur (done by fans who are not computer geeks) podcastst, and certainly, by far, the worst produced of any media company's.
The fast and dirty way for you to get better results in offices and studios is to download Audacity (yes, it's free; yes, it's available for Mac, Windows, and Linux) and use some <a href=' http://wiki.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=Noise_Removal'>noise removal</a>. Then adjust the volume using either MP3gain or MacMP3gain, as appropriate.
Add new comment