So yeah, um, this is happening:
Believe your eyes, folks. Marge Simpson is on the cover of Playboy’s November Issue. W.T.F?
Apparently, this is an attempt by Playboy to attract a younger audience. You know, by putting a cartoon character on the cover of their “adult” magazine. Honestly, I don’t know what is weirdest about this. Is it:
- Playboy thinking that a cartoon character is remotely erotic/sexy to the average reader?
- The Simpsons thinking that putting their animated character on the cover of a nudey magazine is a good idea?
- That the rest of the cover is also laid out in a decidedly creepy “The Simpsons Does Porno” cartoon style? (Sorry Benecio! Bum luck getting in this issue!)
- That Playboy CEO Scott Flanders insists that the 3-page spread of Marge inside the magazine contains only “implied nudity”? (Thank goodness, because the real worry here was that we might see a cartoon nip slip.)
- That this all might turn out to be a wild success, proving that I am unknowingly hooked on crazy pills?
Seriously, what the hell IS this Playboy cover? And what would Lisa say if she saw her mother this way? Think of the young feminists! (OK, that sounded like a joke, but I am actually serious.)
What do you make of all this nonsense?