This week has been chock-full of awesome articles and online conversations! Here’s some of what we’ve been reading:
- The Black Women Film Festival happens this weekend in Atlanta, Georgia!
- Heather at AfterEllen gives her two cents on the events surrounding Glee’s Dianna Agron performing in a t-shirt that says “LIKES GIRLS.” For more, I recommend Jenny Aisenberg’s piece at Velvet Park.
- The Times speculates on “why women don’t get caught up in sex scandals.” (via Briar Levit)
- Bust responds to recent articles that suggested women “grow up” and be less “girly.” What Tami Said comments on the racialized aspects of the personae in question.
- The Daily Beast elaborates on just how horrifically anti-gay Presidential contender Michele Bachmann really is.
- Tiger Beatdown and Original Plumbing introduce their new bloggers, including Bitch contributors s.e. smith and Emily Manuel at TB and Thomas Page McBee at OP.
- Stinkin’ Thinkin’ opines on “Why Addiction Recovery Should Be A Feminist Issue.”
- Clutch talks about a shockingly racist and sexist online ad by a Tea Party group.
- ColorLines and KABOBfest continue the conversation about Tom MacMaster and Bill Graber pretending to be high-profile lesbian bloggers. At TransGriot, Monica recalls her online run-in with Graber.
- Pam’s House Blend provides statistics on same-sex couples to encourage the New York Senate to pass marriage equality.
- TransGriot pays homage to late rapper Tupac on what would have been his fortieth birthday.
- Shakesville’s Melissa McEwan shakes her head at Mitt Romney’s joking about unemployment.
- Liz at Our Turn admires ass-kicking female characters and shares her take on the Double Dare documentary.
- TransQueers XXX and TransErotica on Tumblr provide places for trans* individuals to share naked and/or erotic photos of themselves. (Both pages NSFW.)
- Queerty wants to know what it can do to better serve its female readership! Ideas? Go go go!
Share your thoughts (and/or other awesome articles) below!