Here’s all the feminist news on our radar today:
• O Twitter, how you continue to generate news for us. With the grace and sincerity many of her fans continue to love her for, Gabourey Sidibe has issued several apology tweets for using the word “tranny” several times on the Arsenio Hall Show. [Advocate]
• Piers Morgan, on the other hand, does not recognize his mistakes. In response to Janet Mock’s critique of him saying she was “formerly a man” on his show, Morgan invited her back on the show last night to complain that he has spent “12 hours being literally abused by the transgender community.” Then had a panel of non-transgender people debate whether it was okay to say Janet Mock used to be a man. Shakesville sums up the problems here. [Autostraddle, CNN, Shakesville]
• On the subject of heinous word choices, Steven King thinks describing Dylan Farrow’s open letter as having “an element of palpable bitchery” was “probably…the wrong word” to use to refer a victim coming forward about sexual abuse. [Salon]
• Woody Allen has asked to respond to Farrow’s abuse accusations in a New York Times Op-Ed piece, and the Times may publish it. [New York Times]
• Former American Idol Clay Aiken is running for congress in North Carolina. Yep. [Jezebel]
• I made a New Year’s resolution to use fewer exclamation points, and this video presents the perfect opportunity to break that resolution. Here’s an amazing interview with Pussy Riot on the Colbert Report!!! [Huffington Post]
What did I miss? Add what you’re reading to the comments.