Here’s all the feminist news on our radar today:
• Some funny ladies in the Bay Area (above) are gearing up for Femprov, San Francisco’s first all-women improv festival. [Femprov]
• Columbia University announced the Pulitzer Prize winners this week—here’s a rundown of all the nominated stories that deal with issues of race. [Codeswitch]
• Writer Melanie Green tells us everything we never thought to ask about mammoplasty. [The Toast]
• Who’s watching new HBO show Silicon Valley? I haven’t seen the show about the tech industry scene, but blogger Dr. Goddess wrote this disheartening response to the series’ only black characters so far. [Dr. Goddess]
• Here’s a really interesting look at the creation of “teenagers” as a distinct age group between kids and adulthood. [Collector’s Weekly]
• I love this profile of genre-pushing playwright Annie Baker.
• OMG. The 13-year-old Mongolian eagle huntress. [BBC]
What did I miss? Add what you’re reading to the comments.