Here’s the news on our radar today:
• What makes someone a refugee? Nearly seven in 10 Americans see the children crossing over America’s southern border as refugees who should be considered for asylum, not “illegal immigrants.” [The Atlantic]
• Where are the female protagonists in top-grossing science fiction films? [Feministing]
• Zerlina Maxwell points our how rape culture is a part of nine popular American films. [Mic]
• Cristin Hughes’s film Blind Spot is an eye-opening look at familiar film tropes and the startlingly violent treatment women face.
• Thanks to a ruling made by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, the last abortion clinic in Mississippi will stay open. [Mother Jones]
• Here’s how Satanists are challenging anti-choice laws and trolling the Supreme Court. [Salon]
• Who is in love with Brittney Griner? If you’re not a fan already, this short ESPN film about the basketball star will win you over. [After Ellen]
Post what you’re reading in the comments below.