Here’s what we’re reading today:
• San Francisco may soon adopt a retail workers’ bill of rights, which would extend workplace protections to part-time retail workers. [Al Jazeera]
• Meet one queer immigrant helped by Obama’s new immigration plan. [Advocate]
• And also look at who will not be helped by the executive order. [Colorlines]
• Here’s a heartbreaking story about what happens to unclaimed bodies in New York City’s morgue, focusing on the death of a sex worker named Millie. [The Awl]
• In case you haven’t been keeping up with the news, here’s a detailed guide to the allegations against Bill Cosby. [Daily Dot]
• A professional gamer made a rape joke about his female opponent during a Star Craft 2 tournament—and the tournament kicked him out. Progress! [The Mary Sue]
• What makes Katniss Everdeen a compelling heroine? [Bitch Flicks]
• Today the hilarious band Hand Job Academy premieres an absurdist new rap about pop culture, identity, and Lena Dunham.
What did I miss? Add what you’re reading to the comments.