Here’s what’s on our radar today!
• We’re in the money! Married same-sex couples that weren’t able to file their federal taxes together are now eligible for some of the money back. [CNN]
• Sen. Elizabeth Warren lays it all out regarding the government shutdown. [Upworthy]
• Rick Owens sends athletic black models down the runway. Racialicious asks if it’s progress or just a different version of the same old mentality. [Racialicious]
• Marvel is running a contest based on Thor’s Jane Foster: they give high school girls the tools to find and interview professional women in STEM industries, then offer a prize for the best video about the girls’ love of science, career hopes, and experience talking to their new mentor. [The Mary Sue]
• Planned Parenthood is suing the state of Iowa for quietly banning the largest telemedicine abortion program in the country, a service that primarily serves low-income and rural women who can’t make an in-office visit. [ThinkProgress]
• The NYC Girls Project aims to show young girls that their value comes from “their character, skills, and attributes – not appearance.” [NYT]
• The Pro Voice Project is an in-progress documentary, telling the stories of five women as they tour the country speaking about their abortion experiences. Check out their Kickstarter.
What’s on your radar?