It’s Friday! Here’s what we’re reading:
• A new study, “The Sexual Abuse to Prison Pipeline: The Girls’ Story,” finds that as many as 80 percent of girls in juvenile justice systems have a been sexually or physically abused. [Rights4Girls]
• What happens when a father wants to stop the adoption of his child? [The Atlantic]
• The Root wants to make sure you know civil rights icon Gloria Richardson. [The Root]
• Ta-Nehisi Coates, author of “The Case For Reparations,” has a new book that is now on the top of my reading list. [Slate]
• In the “depressing but not surprising” category, a study finds that doctors’ notes for pregnant women can lead to job loss or forced unpaid leave. [New York Times]
• Watch this five-minute film from the Equal Justice Initiative on “Slavery to Mass Incarceration.” [YouTube]
Add what you’re reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free Weekly Reader!