Here’s what we’ve been thinking about this week that isn’t the TomKat divorce announcement.
- A fourth edition of Gloria Anzaldua’s Borderlands/La Frontera is to be published, but it can’t happen without your help! [Kickstarter]
- Jay Smooth tells us why “don’t feed the trolls” is a stupid piece of internet advice. Feed them or relinquish your position on the internet forever! [Ill Doctrine]
- We all know (or at least we all should know) that the myth of the “model minority” is super problematic! Here are some solid reasons why it hurts not only the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities, but why it hurts everyone. [Colorlines/Feministing]
- Sexual harassment isn’t a joke. This mall in New Jersey doesn’t seem to agree. [TDN]
- Speaking of things that aren’t jokes, abuse against women, and abuse IN GENERAL is not something to make a “funny” t-shirt design out of. It’s not funny. Stop that. [Open File]
- Jos Truitt explores cissexism, the undermining of trans identities, and unexamined privilege and oppression within queer communities. [Feministing]
- Remember the Bechdel Test? Well here’s the Roberts Test for trans people of color in film and television. [Transgriot]
- Flavia Dzodan responds to the Anne-Marie Slaughter piece on feminism’s “failures.” [Tiger Beatdown]
- Wanna be a “reverse racist” and learn how to oppress white people? Check out this step by step guide. Wait, you don’t think I’m serious, right? That’s not how oppression works. But get a kick out of this hilarious racial satire. [Black Girl Dangerous]
- The Allied Media Conference is this weekend in Detroit! Browse the schedule here, and follow #AMC2012 on Twitter. [AMP]
- Anne Helen Peterson discusses the female gaze, desire, and Magic Mike! Stay tuned for our review (via Popaganda–back by popular demand!) of Channing Tatum’s fantastic acting skills naked bod later today! [Anne Helen Peterson]
- Check out this piece on Nora Ephron’s early years when she was a feminist New Journalism pioneer. [Salon]
- Portland update: For Bitch Media’s second installment of CineBitch, we’ll be screening 9 to 5 at Mississippi Studios on Monday, July 2nd at 7pm!
0 Comments Have Been Posted
Add new comment