Starting this week, Bitch’s weekly news roundup is now daily! This morning was full of Super Bowl news—we’ll have more analysis of the media spectacle (Beyonce! Puppy Bowl!) later today.
• Hooray for Ravens linebacker Brendan Ayanbadejo, who used the Superbowl spotlight to advocate for LGBT rights and call out anti-gay statements of other players.
• GoDaddy does it again! They always make the worst Super Bowl ads.
• How much did Hillary influence White House politics? We might only realize her impact now that she’s gone.
• The life and times of Sonia Sotomayor: The Supreme Court justice just published a memoir.
• Everybody listen up to Malala Yousafzai! The young, gravely injured Pakistani gender activist issues her first public statement.
• Here’s a nice write-up of how 30 Rock dealt so subversively with race during its seven years.
• CNN news anchor Soledad O’Brien handles a sexist guest debating the women-in-combat ban just fine, thank you.
• Teen Vogue! Industry experts are surprised it’s still around.
• Meanwhile, regular US Vogue has never run an Asian woman on the cover!
• A new ad tells men to go on “guyets.” Do we even need to talk about why this is dumb?
• Ooolala! The first line of lingerie created by and for transgender women.
Any other news catch your eye? Add it to the comments!