Here’s what we’ve been reading on this lovely Wednesday morning.
- With only 38 days left to go and a little more than $20,000 left to raise, this Kickstarter campaign to fund a feature-length documentary called Gaming in Color about queer and LGBTQ presence in gaming needs your support! [Kickstarter]
- Unsure of how to raise your child in a feminst way? Here’s a 21-step how-to guide for starters. [Natural Parents Network]
- Woo! A popular slur was deemed homophobic and thus hate speech in a Mexican supreme court this week during a case of moral damage/defamation. Read up on its implications at Racialicious. [Racialicious]
- I don’t know about you, but I definitely rewatch Clueless at least once per year. Here’s a celebration of the Amy Heckerling film and all things way existential. [Bitch Flicks]
- In light of the recent injustice against Henry Enuta, this is article is in defense of him and of intersex individuals around the world. [Crunk Feminist Collective]
- With all this talk about climate change, poor people of color are being left out of the conversation even though the affects of global warming disproportionately change their lives. [Colorlines]
- This past Sunday was Easter. It was also the birthday of César Chávez. So when Google honored Chávez on his birthday instead of Easter, religious conservatives flipped out despite his own religiousness. [Racialicious]
- Any progress is good, no matter how “small.” Here are just a few ways Saudi Arabia is on its way towards women’s rights. [Ms. Magazine]
Did we forget a good link? Share it in the comments section!