Welcome to the week! Here’s all the feminist news on our radar this morning.
• So long, boys versus girls! Germany will allow parents to leave gender blank on birth certificates. [Feministing]
• Our border with Mexico has become more and more militarized, with the number of border patrol agents quintupling over the past 20 years and the agency’s budget swelling to $18 billion. In 2012, the Border Patrol used that money to arrest 364,000 people—mostly harmless migrants, not a single one of them a terrorist threat. [New York Times]
• The biggest movie at the box office this weekend was Lee Daniels’ The Butler, about a black butler who served seven presidents. [Ebony]
• The internet is abuzz with photos of two female Russian athletes kissing at the World Championships—is it a form of protest to the Russian government’s virulently anti-gay stance in sports? [Advocate]
• CVS wants to pay you $50 in store credit to hand over all your medical information. Such a deal! [LA Times]
• In good news, New Jersey will ban gay conversion therapy on minors. [Queerty]
• Have you seen the “Daily Show” coverage of Stop and Frisk? Watch Jessica Williams apply Stop and Frisk philosophy to Wall Street white collar criminals. [Sand and Glass Tumblr]
• Intersectionality is for Twitter: Briana Dixon on how to be a good ally. [RH Reality Check]
• How will those abortion rights restrictions passing all over the country affect abortion clinics? The projections are not looking good. [Feminist Majority]
What did I miss? Add what you’re reading to the comments.