Well, this has been a week. Are you outraged yet?
- Can you smell the transphobia in the air? Developments in the CeCe McDonald case state that she is to be housed in a male prison, and to top that off, the media continues to ignore assaults on transgender women. [Colorlines/The Daily Beast]
- Dita Von Teese is nothing short of a hot mess with her brand spankin‘ new, orientalist burlesque show, now with extra cultural appropriation! [Racialicious]
- Speaking of Yellowface, has anyone seen that new terrible video by Coldplay, featuring Rihanna? Nothing like hypersexualized ambiguously “Asian” bodies. And y’all thought Nicki Minaj and R. Kelly were as bad as it could get. Nope! Rihanna and Chris Martin take the cake. [YouTube]
- Is the effectivity of single-sex schooling a myth? Scientifically, maybe, but socially, couldn’t it be a great thing? Was my high school education a lie? [Jezebel]
- Check out the trans feminist bloggers roundtable on transfeminism(s). [Ms. Blog]
- Leslie Feinberg was arrested in solidarity with CeCe McDonald, and charged with property damage. Not such a sweet start to Pride Month. [Original Plumbing]
- War on drugs, or war on women? Gender-based violence in on the rise in Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala. Increased militarization certainly isn’t helping the matter. [Feministing]
- Sexual libertines don’t understand the nature and purpose of sex? Because they don’t understand religious liberty??? Chill out, Helene Alvare. We want our contraceptives, and we don’t want to pay for them, so back off! [Salon]
- Looking beyond the Western World, defending the relevance of feminism(s). [fbomb]
- D-List male celebrities looking for dates, faceless female voices, spinning chairs, and dramatic button pushing? Is this for real? That doesn’t sound like something I want to watch either. [Feminists For Choice]
- Mainstream cinema, female action heroes, and why they’re not good role models. [IndieWire]
- Wayne Coyne is being a jerk. Erykah Badu is disgusted. We’re not surprised. [Vulture]
- Um, what? Some men are secretly filming women breast pumping at work. Is this really a thing? Can it not be? [Mommyish]
What have you been reading, musing, raging, or raving about? Share your thoughts in the comments!